Honour & Duty (Republic issues 46-48)
This is brilliant stuff and the best lead-in to Episode II I've read. Obi-Wan and Anakin are captured perfectly; the set-up and execution fizzes; the ending is exhilarating; and Sagoro Autem is a really unexpected trope to find in Star Wars. Possibly the only attempt in the EU canon to recreate the technicolour noir vibes Attack of the Clones. Shame about the art.
Attack of the Clones
Every time I watch Attack of the Clones I think less of it as a film, but I become fonder of it as a piece of texture and worldbuilding. I don't find the galaxy as presented in The Phantom Menace particularly compelling, but Episode II presents a really exciting and vibrant take on the Republic era. Seeing as my main interest in the movies is as a platform for wider storytelling (I don't think any of the films would make it into my top 10 SW works; sorry to be a hipster), I remain a big fan of this one.



No comments:
Post a Comment